I was invited to feature my work in a gallery at The West Country Quilt Show in Bristol last week. I was sponsored by Lady Sew & Sew and GMC (my book distributors). I drove to Bristol on Wednesday to set up. As usual, it's hard to believe that a pile of quilts and stuff in boxes will turn into a gallery.....
but with the help of Martin, a vision became a reality!
I laid all the quilts out on the floor according to the plan I had devised at home. When I was ready, I grabbed Martin, who cut the battens and wielded the drill. I helped by checking whether the pieces were straight or not.
It really didn't take very long before everything was up. After these photos were taken, I was advised to push the tables together, which looked a lot better.
It was wonderful to see all my work hanging like this. I had never seen the quilts all together before. I was glad I had brought so many pieces as it was a large space to fill!
I hung a mixture of traditional, contemporary and art quilts in one half of the gallery, which worked really well.
Here are some of the smaller pieces.
I had a lovely chat with wildlife photographer Victoria Hillman (www.vikspics.com) who was there to support her mother Jennifer, who had another stall. Victoria took this photo of me--not her usual subject but looking wild nevertheless! I met loads of quilters over the 3 days of the show, and sold lots of books. Plus I had a great time with Vanessa, Judy and Jon of Lady Sew & Sew.
- The Ultimate Guide to Art Quilting
- Books and publications
- Quilt judging
- Get in touch
- Latest Book
- Create Whimsey article
- Nature For Absolute Beginners: Fungi 1
- Nature For Absolute Beginners: Fungi 2
- Nature For Absolute Beginners: Lichens
- Nature For Absolute Beginners: Early Spring Flowers
- Nature For Absolute Beginners: Weeds
- Nature For Absolute Beginners: Late Spring Flowers
- Nature For Absolute Beginners: Birds
- Nature For Absolute Beginners: Early Summer Flowers
- Nature For Absolute Beginners: Butterflies
- Nature For Absolute Beginners:Late Summer Flowers
- Nature For Absolute Beginners: Bees and Hoverflies
- Nature For Absolute Beginners: Prickly & Autumnal Plants
- Hairstreak article: Silver-studded blue butterflies