During the lecture, I took everyone on a brief expedition into the quilt world that I love so much. I told them:
- what a traditional quilt is and how it is made
- I talked about when quilts were first considered as art, and what an art quilt is
- I showed some antique quilts
- I then showed some art quilts that defy tradition
- We finished with a quick quiz on quilts that were made from unusual materials - and no, I'm not going to show these here as that would give you an unfair advantage when taking the quiz!
This was a really fun talk to put together and I had loads of help from art quilters all over the world, as well as Jonathan Holstein and Christopher Wilson-Tate, who supplied images of antique quilts. I'm very happy to give this brand new talk again, so do contact me if you are interested!